African Advanced Level Telecommunication Institute
African Advanced Level Telecommunications Institute (AFRALTI) is an Inter-Governmental Institute established in 1993 to supplement and spearhead ICT development efforts mainly in English-speaking Africa. Currently the member States that have ratified the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) include Lesotho, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Kingdom of Eswatini, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe, out of the 23 eligible members.
“To be a leading and self-sustaining Centre of Excellence for ICT capacity building in Africa”.
“To provide quality training, consultancy and advisory services to the ICT Sector in Africa”.
AFRALTI’s Core Values:
1. Good Corporate Governance
4. Quality and Excellence
5. Equal opportunities
6. Creativity and innovation.
The Governing Council (GC) is composed of a representative from each Member State. The Chair is on a rotational basis amongst the member States.
The Institute offers training in the following areas:
1. Telecommunication Engineering
2. Spectrum Engineering and Management
3. Next Generation Networks
4. ISDN and Broadband Networks
5. VoIP Networks
6. Wireless Technologies (2G, 3G, LTE, WiMAX, CDMA, WiFi)
7. Optical Fibre Communication
8. Transmission Systems
9. Radio Communication
10. Satellite Communication
11. Information Technology
12. Cisco Certification: CCNA, CCNP
13. Quality Management and Systems Audit
14. Information Systems Auditing
16. Linux Administration
17. Network Security
18. IP Networks
19. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
20. Cyber Security
22. Huawei Certified Data Associate (HCDA)
23. Huawei Certified Data Professional (HCDP)
24. Management Training
25. Billing Systems and Management.
26. Costing and Tariffs (COSITU ITU Model)
27. Feasibility Studies and Market Analysis
28. Fraud and Revenue Assurance.
29. Interconnection Negotiations and Management
30. Marketing Strategy
31. Telecoms Policy and Regulations
32. Strategic Planning for Telecommunications Development
33. Telecommunication Standards and QoS testing
CCSSP – Certified Information System Security ProfessionalAfrican Advanced Level Telecommunication InstituteNairobi
Certified Fiber Optics Technician (CFOT)African Advanced Level Telecommunication InstituteNairobi
CISA – Certified Information Systems AuditorAfrican Advanced Level Telecommunication InstituteNairobi
Certified Premises Cable Technician (CPCT)African Advanced Level Telecommunication InstituteNairobi