OST ( Open Source Technologies)
This course develops expertise in different open source programming technologies which include: HTML5, CSS3, Java script, Apache, MySQL, PHP & Joomla.
1. Design interactive websites using HTML5, CSS3 & Java script!
2. Install & configure Apache server
3. Manage & administer Apache Web Server
4. Develop dynamic web applications in PHP & use MySQL efficiently for those applications
5. Plan, design & implement applications using MySQL
6. Build websites & powerful online applications using Joomla
7. Develop real-world applications using open source technologies
8. Learn how to create & organize content, add menus, sidebars; change the look with templates
The course trains you for:
1. Building Next Generation Websites
2. Fundamentals of Linux Operating System
3. Working with Open Source Web Server
4. Querying with MySQL
5. Web Application Development using PHP
6. Project-Open Source Technologies
The course comprises of recommended practice hours for every module. Students are advised to self-practice these hours at lab or home.
Who can join this course?
1. Undergraduates / Graduates
2. IT Diploma Graduates
3. Working Professionals
2. Use Red Hat Linux operating system
3. Host Web applications on Apache Web server
4. Design and manipulate databases using MySQL
5. Design Web applications using PHP on Linux operating system
6. Develop a real-world application using Open Source technologies
Open Source Developer / E-Commerce Programmer
- Course Sub-Category Computer Science
- Course Level Tertiary
- Qualification Awarded Certificate
- Awarding Body Edulink International College
- CostKSh. 85,000 Tuition Fee
- Length Of Course 4 Months
- Class Size
- Course Location/BranchNgong Road- Ndemi Road Junction
1. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade D+
2. International Baccalaureate (IB)
3. International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
4. General Certificate of Education (GCE)
Course Advertisement Details
- Would you like to feature this course? No
- Featured Course – Start Date
- Email address to receive queries firstname.lastname@example.org
Edulink International College Nairobi was established in 2014, and from September 2016 is offering a wide range of Business options both at Foundation and Undergraduate level, which will lead to a University of Northampton-awarded degree. The University of Northampton, UK was granted the authority to collaborate with Edulink International College, Nairobi by The Commission for University Education (CUE), Kenya. The collaboration with between the University of Northampton and Edulink International College’s is one approach to support Kenyan students in achieving their on-going educational goals, by gaining a quality UK Degree in Nairobi, whilst benefiting from not having to travel overseas and manage the expense that overseas education carries.
Our vision is to be a nationally recognised, comprehensive centre of study, delivering world-class university education through a “small college” learning environment that offers “large university” opportunities.
Edulink International College Nairobi (EICN) is a multicultural institution whose mission is to bring world-class education to Kenya through dynamic partnership with a leading UK university.
• We will provide excellence by continually improving the quality of education, scholarship and service to our students through employment-faced learning and modern, fully equipped facilities.
• All EICN graduates will be successful in East and Central Africa and globally in terms of securing and creating future employment