International Computer Driving Licence
The International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL) is a global computer literacy initiative developed to raise the level of knowledge about Information Technology (IT) and increase the level of competence in using personal computers and common computer applications for all the citizens of the world.
Benefits of ICDL to a Student
- Institutions of Higher learning recognize ICDL as a basis for exemption when applying for Certificate or Diploma courses.
- ICDL certifies fundamental IT knowledge and practical skills.
- ICDL has been recognized and endorsed by the Kenyan government.
- ICDL Maps into other professional certifications.
- Many organizations in the private sector currently require their employees to be ICDL compliant.
- ICDL is recognized as a flexible and reliable worldwide qualification.
- Basic Concepts of Information Technology
- Using a Computer and Managing Files
- Word Processing
- Online Collaboration and Presentation among others.
- Course Sub-Category Computer Science
- Course Level Tertiary
- Qualification Awarded Certificate
- Awarding Body ICDL
- CostKSh. 20,000
- Length Of Course 3 Months
- Class Size
- Course Location/BranchWestlands
ICDL is open to anyone who can read and understand the English language.
Course Advertisement Details
- Would you like to feature this course? Yes
- Featured Course – Start Date
- Email address to receive queries firstname.lastname@example.org
eMobilis Mobile Technology Institute is a training institution that was founded in 2008 and is the first of its kind in Sub Saharan Africa – it focuses on training individuals on Mobile Software Development, as well as Network Infrastructure Management.
The mission of eMobilis is to create opportunities for local talent by training them on Mobile and Wireless Cellular Technologies. Our goal is to ensure that local talent is available and trained in order to meet the growing opportunities in the Mobile Industry in Africa
We train students in Mobile Content Development , and at the end of the training, the students are able to sell their mobile content throughout Africa using our aggregator contracts, learn how to create games ,tools, screen-savers, themes, mobile inventory Management Systems, mobile car tracking systems, Distributed Gaming Applications, Mobile Advertising tools, Mobile Reservation Systems, Business Utilities and sell them after just 3 months of training. Our former students continue to earn from the sale of their mobile content months after they leave the institution.
We believe that without a conscious effort to develop and champion Mobile-phone based applications, the potential of Mobile Technology to reduce poverty and stimulate economic growth will at best be delayed, and at worst never fully realized.
Mobile application development is a growth industry for aspiring programmers and business people. It is also a way to stimulate economic growth through better information flows and increased access to information for economic and social purposes.
Our vision is to see an explosion of mobile innovation and the creation of successful mobile oriented ventures by local developers from across the country with a zeal for changing the world through harnessing the power of their mobile technology training for social good.
Given predictions that the digital economy will continue to grow exponentially throughout Africa, we are a catalyst to enable Africans from all walks of life to benefit from this social/economic revolution—not just in greater access of information, but also in leading design and content development.
We would like to tap local talent and to up-skill East Africans with the mobile programming tools and knowledge to create powerful applications, to launch innovative mobile services or apps that solve social problems and to create young, profitable mobile, entrepreneurial companies that employ themselves and others.