Certificate in Food and Beverage Operations
Why study this course?
This course introduces the functions, operations and organisation of the food and beverage department in the hospitality industry. The course provides information on service principles, menu design and objectives, and restaurant layout and design considerations.
- Relationship between the food and beverage department and other hotel departments, such as room service and the stewarding department.
- Organisation and key duties of restaurant staff, including floor staff and kitchen staff, from apprentice to managerial levels.
- Implementing best practices to restaurant staffing and procedures
- Classification of food and beverage services, based on market segments and customer types, such as the leisure, student and industrial markets.
- Understand the different types of menu, the objectives of menus and the comparison among different menu types.
- Basic food and beverage services such as table setting, with a focus on the procedures and items required.
- Menu planning, menu design and the considerations involved in the process.
- Restaurant design and layout as well as the functional considerations involved in restaurant ambience, and the features that can help to create an ambience depending on the restaurant type.
- Skills and knowledge are needed to be able to manage a restaurant effectively with proper use of resources. How to implement best practices in motivating, and monitoring team members.
- Course Sub-Category Catering
- Course Level Tertiary
- Qualification Awarded Certificate
- Awarding Body IHTI
- CostKSh. 290,200 Total Fees
- Length Of Course 1 Year
- Class Size
- Course Location/BranchKileleshwa
- Mean grade of D + (Plus) in KCSE or
- Pass in IGCSE
Course Advertisement Details
- Would you like to feature this course? Yes
- Featured Course – Start Date
- Email address to receive queries firstname.lastname@example.org
IHTI is a hospitality training centre committed to excellence. IHTIwas pioneered by five renowned hospitality education professionals led by Ambassador Mwakai Sio. ihti opened its doors to new students in May 2005, with an initial admission of only four (04) students. The institution rapidly gained recognition and fame and now has a total of over 250 students from 5 different countries.