The 18th East Africa Banking School
About the School
Now in its 18th edition, the East African Banking School (EABS) is a regional conference, knowledge and interactive forum jointly organized by the Banking Institutes of Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. At the East African Banking School, participants engage on key issues facing the financial services industry, regionally and globally, largely through discussion of researched papers presented by financial sector practitioners and subject matter specialists. The School presents a unique opportunity for learning, networking and exchange of ideas with colleagues and the broader financial services fraternity that the participant will find invaluable. In addition, the School’s program structure provides for a fair amount of fun that shall include an overnight excursion to a choice nature spot away from Kampala. The School’s target audience consists of middle and senior level cadres in the financial services sector as well as professionals from academia, government, development institutions and regulatory bodies with a leaning to and interest in financial sector issues.
The 2018 East African Banking School will be held in Kampala, Uganda at the Pearl of Africa Hotel (http://sovereignhotels.co.za/hotels/pearl-of-africa/)
The theme for this year’s School is “The Future of Banking in a Digital and Disruptive Environment”. The following sub themes shall be discussed at the School:
1. Strategic Rethinking and Repositioning in Financial Services
2. New paradigms in Financial Inclusion
3. Rebuilding Integrity and Trust in Financial Services
4. Risk based Oversight and Compliance in Financial Services
5. Marketing and Product Innovation in Financial Services
6. Leveraging Disruptive Technologies to Create a Competitive Edge
7. Personal and Career Development in Financial Services
8. Leadership & Team Building
Each Participant shall pay a fee of USD800 (US Dollars Eight Hundred Only). The fee covers tuition, course material/notes, meals at conference venue (teas, lunch) and one day’s accommodation and meals during the excursion. Participants from Uganda shall have the option to pay the equivalent in local currency (Uganda Shillings).
Participants will arrange for their own accommodation in Kampala. A list of hotels shall be provided to enable delegates make their choice and book directly with the respective hotels. The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services will make reservations for delegates on request. Besides accommodation, participants shall be responsible for their own transport to and fro Kampala, dinner and personal/out of pocket expenses, transport to and from the School’s venue. Airport Pick-up / drop will be arranged for those who advise their flight details in good time.
There are no visa requirements for participants from East African Community member states (Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania and South Sudan). However, participants from other countries shall check for entry requirements with the Ugandan Embassy (or Consulate Office) in their respective countries.
In order to facilitate proper planning we would appreciate if you would confirm your participation by submitting list of your nominees before 15th July 2018.
- Course Sub-Category The Future of Banking in a Digital and Disruptive Environment
- Course Level Tertiary
- Qualification Awarded Certificate
- Awarding Body Uganda Institute of Banking and Finance Services
- CostUSD 800 Tuition Fee
- Length Of Course 5 Days
- Class Size
- Course Location/BranchPearl of Africa Hotel
The School’s target audience consists of middle and senior level cadres in the financial services sector as well as professionals from academia, government, development institutions and regulatory bodies with a leaning to and interest in financial sector issues.
Course Advertisement Details
- Would you like to feature this course? No
- Featured Course – Start Date
- Email address to receive queries firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kenya Institute Of Bankers (KIB) is the world’s leading institute for business continuity. Established in 1979, the KIB has established itself as the leading membership and certifying organization for Business Continuity professionals worldwide.
To champion best practice in the delivery of financial services education, to promote professionalism, self-regulation and acceptable standards in the Financial Services Sector, through innovative learning, codes of conduct, quality skills and competencies.
To become the leading professional body in the promotion and delivery of quality financial services education and training.
Students deserve dependable, accurate, timely, respectful and honest responses. Advisors' responsibilities to their many constituents form the foundation upon which our Core Values rest.
The Overall Responsibility of the Institute is to;
1. Produce relevantly–educated and trained career staff for the financial sector.
2. Cater for students with a wide range of abilities and backgrounds.
3. Provide Professional Qualifications and Skills Upgrading Training
4. Programmes which enjoy wide recognition and acceptance throughout the Financial Services Sector.
5. Retain and sustain continued support by Employers – Banks/Financial Institutions.
6. Be perceived by all staff/students/members to be fair and worthwhile.
7. Allow ambitious, high quality staff to acquire high qualifications.
8. Provide broad based, educational programmes for those preparing for management in the industry.