Diploma in Counselling Psychology
This course is designed to equip a trainee with competencies for assessing the client, providing crisis, trauma, marriage and family, medical conditions, addiction, child, adolescent, special needs and disability and workplace counselling services, as well as provide guidance and counselling in learning institutions, p provide counselling services and manage counselling services.
Unit of Learning Title
1. Assessing the client
2. Providing counselling services
3. Managing counselling services
4. Providing crisis counselling
5. Providing trauma counselling
6. Providing marriage and family counselling
7. Providing medical conditions counselling
8. Providing guidance and counselling services in learning intuitions
9. Providing addiction counselling services
10. Providing child counselling
11. Providing adolescent counselling
12. Providing special needs and disability counselling
13. Providing workplace counselling
The total duration of the course is 1350 hours.
- Course Sub-Category Counselling
- Course Level Tertiary
- Qualification Awarded Diploma
- Awarding Body KNEC
- CostKSh. 25,600 Per Term (For 4 Terms)
- Length Of Course 2 Years
- Class Size
- Course Location/BranchNairobi
A trainee entering this course should have any of the following minimum requirements:
Degree and post graduate qualification
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
Certificate in Social Work
Equivalent qualifications as determined by Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA)
Course Advertisement Details
- Would you like to feature this course? No
- Featured Course – Start Date
- Email address to receive queries firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Institute of Business and Counselling Studies (KIBCo) formerly Maranatha College of Professional Studies started in January 2004. KIBCo is fully registered with the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology (MOHEST) as a a TVET Institution offering Counsellor Training, Social Works and Community Development, Human Resource, Business Studies and Finance.
KIBCo is also registered with the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) as a training provider.
KIBCo has campuses in Nairobi, Umoja and Thika and runs regular, both school based, Open and Distance (ODL) learning programmes.