Marriage and Family Therapy TVET Curriculum
This course is designed to equip a trainee with competencies for assessing the client, providing premarital, trauma, marriage, family and sex therapy, parental counselling, loss and grief therapy, child and adolescent therapy, conduct marriage and family therapy research, as well as provide addictions therapy in families.
Unit of Learning Title
1. Assessing marriage and family
2. Providing premarital therapy
3. Providing trauma therapy
4. Providing Marriage therapy
5. Providing family therapy
6. Providing sex therapy
7. Providing parental therapy
8. Providing loss and grief therapy
9. Providing child therapy
10. Providing adolescent therapy
11. Conducting marriage and family therapy research
12. Providing addictions therapy in families
The total duration of the course is 1350 Hours
The course will be assessed at two levels: internally and externally. Internal assessment is continuous and is conducted by the trainer who is monitored by an accredited internal verifier while external assessment is the responsibility of TVET CDACC.
A candidate will be issued with a Record of Achievement for each unit of competency. To attain the qualification National Certificate Level V in Marriage and family therapy, the candidate must demonstrate competence in all the units of competency as given in qualification pack. These certificates will be issued by TVET CDACC in conjunction with training provider.
- Course Sub-Category Counselling
- Course Level Tertiary
- Qualification Awarded Certificate
- Awarding Body TVET CDACC / KIBCo
- Length Of Course 1 Year
- Class Size
- Course Location/BranchNairobi
A trainee entering this course should have any of the following minimum requirements:
Degree and post graduate qualification
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
Equivalent qualifications as determined by Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA)
Course Advertisement Details
- Would you like to feature this course? No
- Featured Course – Start Date
- Email address to receive queries email@example.com
Kenya Institute of Business and Counselling Studies (KIBCo) formerly Maranatha College of Professional Studies started in January 2004. KIBCo is fully registered with the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology (MOHEST) as a a TVET Institution offering Counsellor Training, Social Works and Community Development, Human Resource, Business Studies and Finance.
KIBCo is also registered with the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) as a training provider.
KIBCo has campuses in Nairobi, Umoja and Thika and runs regular, both school based, Open and Distance (ODL) learning programmes.