Diploma in Community Development
Why study this Course?
The course is designed into three modules which are done after every six months, the KNEC months are July and November every year.
Mode of Study
This programme is available in four modes of learning:
1. Distance learning – The programme runs through ready materials which are sent to the students immediately after payment of the tuition fees, which should be deposited to the college account ,within two weeks the materials are mailed directly to the student.
3. Full time mode and
4. Holiday based – the students come to college during the April, August and December holidays.
1. Community Development
2. Information Technology
3. Social Work Theory
4. Economic Development
5. Resource Management
6. Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
7. Community Methodology
9. Legal Aspects in Social Development Work
10. Hiv and Aids and Other Pandemics
11. Community Leadership
12. Gender and Development
13. Management of Community Concerns
14. Transformation and Social Marketing
15. Advocacy and Lobbying
16. Community Based Organization
17. Capacity Building
18. Entrepreneurship Education
1. To equip students with life skills e.g. planning, communication, budgeting entrepreneurship and research thus enhancing their chances in the job market.
2. To enable students to gain health education within the health context of the community and also a better understanding of themselves.
3. To avail psychological support that address challenges facing the community through counseling, community mobilization and capacity building.
4. To develop students competence in community development, social work, project management, psychology, and guidance and counseling.
5. Equip individuals with skills to deal with social problems.
The world is changing its focus to social issues for instance poverty, HIV/AIDS disasters, community mobilization, resource mobilization and psychological support needs. Due to this we see the increase in number of NGO’s, CBO’s FBO’s and International Development Agencies e.g. UNDP, FAO, WHO etc. This has created a need for personnel trained on the same. Great opportunities remain high in areas with high prevalence of the above mentioned social issues.
Course Fee and Duration
Course Duration: 9 Terms
Fees –Ksh. 25,000 per Term
- Course Sub-Category Social Work
- Course Level Tertiary
- Qualification Awarded Diploma
- Awarding Body KNEC
- Length Of Course 2 Years
- Class Size
- Course Location/BranchNairobi
1. Mean grade of C - (Minus) in KCSE
Course Advertisement Details
- Would you like to feature this course? No
- Featured Course – Start Date
- Email address to receive queries firstname.lastname@example.org
Kahawa Wendani Campus is situated on the southern side of Nairobi city, Kenya, Kreston headquarters and the main campus, Nairobi is located at the super highway at Kahawa wendani direct opposite Kahawa barracks .We introduced online courses which will assist the students who do not want to get to class.
Nairobi City Campus is situated along Tubman road opposite Jamia Mall at Dev Towers 1st floor near Nation Centre
Kreston College is a professional training and consulting institution, duly registered with the Ministry of Higher Education Science and Technology and fully recognised by TVETA to offer specialised training in a variety of fields at Certificate, Diploma. The institution boasts of a highly qualified and experienced teaching and administrative staff.
Today Kreston has grown tremendously, curving a niche for itself as one of the best training institution in East and Central Africa and even beyond- drawing students from all over Kenya and has grown to have two campuses one at Thika road superhighway and the other at the Centre of Nairobi (CBD)
This unprecedented growth from humble beginnings to the complex college it is today is attributable to the unwavering support of the college staff, hard work by the dedicated staff, students' diligence and sound management.
The wide range of our courses, from certificate to diploma it reflects the institution's responsiveness to the needs of our nation.
The rising number of admissions show the trust bestowed on us by the public and the aspirations of our valued clients, the students.