Diploma in Information Communication Technology
The course is intended to provide students with a wide range of software, technical and technological ICT skills required by industry at the diploma level. A graduate will be expected to develop an IT solution to a practical business problem using a technological approach.
This qualification provides the graduates with an avenue to join local universities for progression into Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology second year. There are three modules in this course.
1. Introduction to ICT & ethics
2. Computer applications I (Theory & Practical)
3. Structured Programming
4. Communications Skills
5. Operating System
6. Computational Mathematics
7. Entrepreneurship (Business Plan)
1. Systems Analysis & Design
2. Computer Application II (Theory & Practical)
3. Object Oriented Programme
4. Quantitative Methods
5. Visual Programming
6. Database Management Systems
7. Quantitative Methods
1. Data Communication & Networking
2. Management Information System
3. Principles & Practice of Management
4. Internet Based Programme
5. Course Specialization Project
- Course Sub-Category Computer Science
- Course Level Tertiary
- Qualification Awarded Diploma
- Awarding Body KNEC
- Length Of Course 1 Year, 6 Months
- Class Size
- Course Location/BranchKasarani
- Mean grade of C - (Minus) in KCSE
Course Advertisement Details
- Would you like to feature this course? No
- Featured Course – Start Date
- Email address to receive queries email@example.com
Mahanaim Educational Institute(College) is Nairobi-based College offering professional Diploma and Certificate Courses to local and international students. We are an accredited institution by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology. Mahanaim Educational Institute(College) begun as an International Youth Fellowship (IYF) academy in February 2007 after which it was accredited a temporary registration by the Ministry of Education in November 2008. MEI Academy was later established with the sole purpose of preaching the gospel through short term courses like Computer applications, Foreign languages, Tae Kwon Do and Piano among others and became the basis of MEI. When the temporary accreditation expired, Mahanaim applied for a permanent accreditation in 2010 and received it from the Kenyan Government on 2011. Later on 2014, MEI was accredited to offer 19 other courses.
To nurture global leaders with a Godly mindset, who will effect positive change in their communities and the world at large.
The mission of MEI is to be a Christian Institution that teaches students the wisdom of God hence cultivating them to become the global leaders.
In addition to its commitment of nurturing global leaders, the administration and faculties at MEI will achieve these ends through quality instruction, scholarships, spiritual guidance, student development, service to the community and development of talents fit for its goals in higher education and research. We are taking steps with the faith that God is helping us. We believe God will greatly strengthen MEI to become an institute that serves as a world mission centre and a source of leaders in this era of globalization. Students at Mahanaim will experience an academic and spiritual growth that empowers them to create a more peaceful, blessed and beautiful world based on Godly principles.