BSc (Hons) In Computing
The course is offered at Oshwal College in collaboration with the University of Greenwich – UK. On completion of a two(2) year Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma in Computing and Systems Development, Students join a one(1) year BSc (Hons) in Computing degree programme . The College operates on the basis of two semesters commencing in the first week of January and July respectively.Students can take this course as a final year (top-up) program or three year program.
It is a three (3) years program with modules in each year as shown below
- COMP 1148 Computer Programming 1 (30 Credits)
- COMP 1152 System Building 1 (30 Credits)
- COMP 1587 Communication Systems 1 (15 Credits)
- COMP 1588 Computer Systems Architectures 1 (15 Credits)
- MATH 1110 Logical Foundations (15 Credits)
- MATH 1111 Quantitative Methods (15 Credits)
And an addition
- COSK 1001 Personal Development Programme (0 Credits)
- COMP 1592 Organisation and Project Management (30 Credits), & 90 Credits of options chosen from:
- COMP 1158 Systems Building 2 (30 Credits)
- COMP 1549 Advanced Programming (15 Credits)
- COMP 1551 Application Program Development (15 Credits)
- COMP 1554 Computer Programming 2 (15 Credits)
- COMP 1556 Database Applications Technologies (15 Credits)
- COMP 1565 Visual Application Development (15 Credits)
- COMP 1039 Multimedia Production (30 Credits)
Among others to be confirmed by the UOG
- Project (30 Credits)
Three Options from:
(All 30 Credits)
- COMP 1037 Web Application Technologies
- COMP 1578 System Building 3
- COMP 1326 IS Planning & Management
- COMP 1087 Enterprise Database Systems
- COMP 1207 eTechnology
- COMP 0195 Artificial Intelligence
And an addition
- COSK 1001 Personal Development Program (0 Credits)
Students are assessed by one examination and one coursework for each module. One examination is held at the end of an academic year, in May and December
The timings are designed to suit both Full-time and Part-time students. The class times are as follows:
8.30 a.m. – 4.00 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
5.45 p.m. – 7.45 p.m. & (Sat. 8.30 a.m-4.00 p.m.)
- Course Sub-Category Computing
- Course Level Tertiary
- Qualification Awarded Bachelors
- Awarding Body Oshwal College
- CostKSh. 1,000 Application Fee
- Length Of Course 3 years
- Class Size
- Course Location/BranchWestlands
Qualifications for entry will be assessed on an individual basis for each applicant. The other basic minimum qualifications are:
- Pearson HND Business Information Systems or other recognized HND computing programmes.
- KNEC Advanced Diploma in Computing.
- Diploma in Computing, IT or multimedia which are equivalent in standard to a UK Higher National Diploma will be accepted provided it gives the prerequisite knowledge and understanding required for the programme.
- IMIS Higher Diploma.
- ABE Advanced Diploma in Business Information Systems.
- ACP Advanced Diploma.
- NCC International Advanced Diploma in Computer Studies.
- BCS Diploma or Professional Graduate Diploma.
- Any other program of equivalent academic standards, as formally recognized by the University of Greenwich AND Be aged at least 19 years at the start of the program.
- Equivalent qualification: Students with any other relevant academic qualifications and work experience as approved by UoG.
Course Advertisement Details
- Would you like to feature this course? No
- Featured Course – Start Date
- Email address to receive queries firstname.lastname@example.org
Oshwal College is a post-modern tertiary institution located in a serene environment on its own grounds along 2nd Avenue Parklands, Nairobi. Established in 1992 by Oshwal Education and Relief Board, the institution admits students across many nationalities and diverse cultures. Presently, it offers a broad range of professional and academic programmes in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Business Management and Information Technology. Since its inception, the College has maintained a steady growth in the number of programmes in response to the changing market dynamics, with over 9,000 students having pursued various programmes.
The College prides itself in recruitment of well-trained individuals with diverse backgrounds and substantial experiences. It also offers counselling, mentorship and placement services which cater for pastoral as well as academic interests of the students through the students’ advisor’s office.
The institution’s well-equipped lecture theatres, ultra-modern library and state-of-the-art-computer labs provide integral support for teaching and learning. Furthermore, the multi-cuisine canteen, modern recreation room, free shuttle services and ample, free and secure parking provide the needed convenience to students. With its two back-up generators, the College has uninterrupted power supply. It also has fast and reliable Internet connectivity and Wi-Fi hot spots to enhance scholarly research.
In line with its mission, the College focuses on delivering high quality teaching and dynamic learning experience. In 2012, the College was awarded the prestigious Global ACCA Platinum Status in recognition of exceptional performance in ACCA, a status it has maintained ever since. In fact of the 115 ACCA platinum institutions globally, 6 regionally and 3 nationally, the College is the 2nd Platinum accredited institution in Kenya. This remarkable performance is also exemplified in Business and IT programmes. The College has substantially invested in extra-curricular activities and has demonstrated strong commitment to corporate social responsibility initiatives such as environmental conservation activities and charity works.
Over the years, the College has successfully built and maintained strong ties and relationships with key corporate partners that has enhanced students’ industry awareness and provided student scholarships, sponsorships, internships and job placements.